Sunday, June 13, 2010

D.C. Again

Wednesday while we were in DC we headed back to the National Mall for half a day and visited the American History Smithsonian. My favorite parts were the exhibit with dresses of the former and current first ladies. Also, the flag that inspired the National Anthem. so neat! Brad had to be back for his convention and I decided to go back with him and spent the rest of the day reading in the hotel room...sounds boring but HEAVEN. No interruptions.
Thursday I was brave and went in to DC by myself. I started at the Capital and took a tour. It was neat to see inside and hear the history.




Next I took the underground tunnel to the Library of Congress. This building was beautiful! I loved just walking around looking at everything. I will have to go back because I missed so much of it!




I stopped at the Air and Space Smithsonian next and looked around and watched a couple of movies. They had one that talked about the Hubble Telescope. It had pictures that it had taken of space and they were beautiful. I just have a hard time comprehending that this telescope can take pictures from a place that is millions of light years away. Crazy!



Next I met up with Brad at the Natural History Museum...Well, not actually Brad just a stunning likeness of him. It made me feel like he was right there with me...HAHA. Just kidding honey! I love you....(but can't you see the resemblance)...:) Okay, I'm done. Anyway, this museum had the Hope Diamond in it. It was beautiful. I just feel like when I see diamonds that big they seem fake even though I know they are real. They had a bunch of other beautiful jewelry there too. So fun!




Last but not least this is a view from our hotel balcony. The hotel was really nice and it was so fun staying there. This trip was really neat and I want to go back because there was so much I didn't see. Hopefully we'll get back soon. Honey, thanks for letting me tag along!

No comments: