Friday, January 1, 2016

Our Beautiful Girl

WE HAVE A BABY GIRL! After being miserable at my 37 and 38 week appointments I went into labor on my own for the first time early in the morning on June 10th. I had been on bed rest because of my high blood pressure. I was scheduled to be induced the next day but early Tuesday morning at around 2:40 I was getting contractions that were starting to hurt. I decided to start packing in case I was in labor. I laid back down and then woke Brad up and told him it was time to head to the hospital. We called Ashley Graves to come sit with the kids and we were off. Brad kept asking me if I was really in labor and at Eagle Bay we even stopped to make sure I got another contraction. After another quick stop home we were on our way. Brad started going 80 to the hospital. I kept telling him to slow down or we would get pulled over. Each contracting was starting to hurt pretty bad but we finally made it to Ogden Regional. Of course you have to check in and change. Then they ask you all sorts of questions. By then I was doubling over with each contraction. When I was finally in bed the nurse asked me a questions and I just started crying because it hurt so bad. I was basically crawling up the bed and asking for an epidural. I also prayed with each contraction that they would end fast. The nurse was saying that I might not be able to get an epidural if my blood work wasn't back yet...which they hadn't even taken!! I started to panic but luckily I had a good anesthesiologist that gave it to me anyway. He told me to sit up on the side of the bed and right when I did I felt my water break but I wasn't about to tell them in case they decided it was too late for the epidural. My poor arms were just shaking as they put it in. He pushed some medicine in and I felt like heaven. I was a completely different person. It made such a difference on how I was able to enjoy my labor. I was getting numb up to my lungs with this one but it was so much nicer then the pain I felt. The nurse put in a catheter and the doctor asked if I'd been checked. He went to check me and her head was almost out. They pulled the catheter right back out and two pushes later, our we welcomed our beautiful little Harper to earth at 6:42 am. Weighing in at 7 lbs. 10 oz. she was the second biggest baby I'd had. She was 19.5 inches long. She had a lot of mucous in her lungs so they had to keep suctioning her. They put her under a heat lamp and she was in heaven. They took her to bathe her when they realized there were too many babies in there already so we gave her a sponge bath in our room. We sure love this little addition to our family.

No comments: