Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ryker is One!!

Last Tuesday my little baby turned one. It sounds so weird to say that because I feel like I just went to the hospital to have him. The older I get the faster time goes and I find myself looking at him and wondering how he got so big. It makes me sad, but I love watching him at this age.



For his birthday we had our traditional waffle and whipped cream breakfast. That night we had the Plummers over for some cake and ice cream. Ryker didn't disappoint with his cake. He dug right in. He didn't eat too much because, as I later found out, he was getting a really bad cold.



This year we kept thinking about what we wanted to give him. We didn't want to get him a bunch of small baby toys because we already have a few from Coop so we decided to think ahead and get him a slide. Well, as you can see he LOVED it!! What a great idea...haha. Brad held him while he went down so slow and he cried. Well, Cooper, here's your present. Hopefully Ryker likes it in a few months.



The cake I made him.



The party.



One messy, happy little guy.



At one Ryker is saying dada and mama. He also started mooing when you ask him what a cow says. He started taking his first steps but won't be walking for a while. He has four teeth on the bottom, his front right one on top and is getting about three more. He is such a happy, social guy. He does this thing where he gets shy. He lays his head down on his shoulder and it's so dang cute! We love our little guy!!

4 comments:

lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Ryker! I'm seriously impressed with that cake Ash. You got skills!!

Shea said...

cute cake, Ashley! Sounds like he had a good b-day (besides his present!) :)

Ashley said...

He is so cute! Cute cake too!

Mace, McKenzie and Stein said...

cute cake. your boys are adorable