Saturday, May 7, 2011

Antelope Island

For some reason Brad has wanted to go out to Antelope Island for quite a while. Me, I've never really felt the urge. We do have a great view of it out our back windows, but I was content just looking at it everyday. Nevertheless we found ourselves heading out there one Saturday in April. There is actually more to see out there then I thought.
We headed out to the Fielding Garr Ranch first and saw some animals, neat old farm equipment and old houses. I even found a plaque with my Great Great Grandfathers name on it. He was one of the original ranchers Brigham Young sent out here.








We headed to the beach next. I had no idea people go out there to swim, but there were showers and even a hamburger joint. Fun times!! Brad is all gung-ho to head back in the summer so they can actually swim. He's always wanted to try swimming in the Great Salt Lake. I think I might pass on that one. It kind of stinks out there...



The Visitor's Center was next. There were a few neat facts in there, but the neat thing was that there were buffalo outside. The kids really liked seeing them.




At the end of the day we were done and ready to be home (or at least I was), but it was good to get out as a family. Now I know what I'm looking at when I look out our windows. I'm also really excited to go back in another twenty years. :) Brad will be back this summer though. He's pretty pumped!!

No comments: