Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Fourth


Gotta love the Fourth of July in Lewiston! It's so fun to go "home" and see people that I haven't seen in a while and re-live the traditions that I have been experiencing for as long as I can remember. Brad wasn't feeling well so he decided to stay home this year and we missed having him! First the parade and the park in the morning. I felt like there was a TON of salt water taffy this year. Hello! I want the good stuff. It's not just my kids that eat the candy. :) That's okay though. The boys still had a good time. At the park they played on the bounce houses and ran through the water from the fire hose. Well, Cooper ran through the water. I don't think the other boys wanted to. After waiting a VERY long time for the kids lunch (seriously like at least a half hour...it was bad) we decided to head back to my parents house.
Back at home the kids swam in the kiddie pool and we actually let them get in the irrigation ditch this year. Crazy I know. We grew up swimming in the nasty ditch and were fine so we figured we might as well let our boys experience it before they get rid of it in the fall.
Classic Sophie face. So funny. Love that girl!
That night we went back up to the the baseball field to watch the fireworks. We had bought sparklers and poor Ryker burned his hand. In almost every picture he is blowing on his hand. The fireworks were kind of funny this year. Usually they do a really big ending but this year no one realized they were over and the lights came back on. It was a little weird but I love being able to sit right underneath the fireworks when they were going off. It's so fun to be able to let my kids experience the same things I did growing up.

No comments: