Sunday, May 11, 2008

Kauai Part 1

We're back! The ten days we were gone went by way too fast but we were so excited to come home and see Cooper! Just to warn you....this blog is way too long. Sorry. I just couldn't cut out some of the pics. Here is what happened the first half of our trip.

We flew out on April 30 to Honolulu. We decided to stay one night in Waikiki because Brad had never been to Oahu before. The next day we spent cruising around the whole island. It was a lot of driving, but we had a great time.

THURSDAY

Pearl Harbor



Dole Pineapple Plantation

Who's ready for some pineapple?



I had no idea that pineapple grew like this.



The apple bananas here grew like this and then had a flower coming out the bottom. I thought it looked so weird!





North Shore Beach



Oahu Temple



FRIDAY

Finally in Kauai! Beach day. Queen's Bath, Secret Beach, and Ke'e Beach

Queen's Bath




SATURDAY-We headed to the west side of the island. Glass Beach, Waimea Canyon and Polihale State Park

Glass Beach. Nice legs Honey!



Waimea Canyon




Two Statues at the Marriot(or two NERDS!)



SUNDAY-Hike and Tunnels Beach

Hike up the Kalalau Trail to Hanakapi'ai Beach and Falls (Yes, it was eight miles, and yes I have the blisters to prove it!)




The beach two miles in





Anyone need a bathroom? NOT ME!!


Treacherous Trail-Brad and I both had good falls with bruises



Falls



It started downpouring right when we got there. Needless to say Tiff and I didn't get in.




Tunnels Beach




Valley near Princeville

13 comments:

Michelle H. said...

It looks like you had a great time and yes, I am extremely jealous. Next time you world travelers go somewhere we will have to join you. I cannot believe how beautiful Kauai is. I am glad that you made it back safely.

Emily said...

Looks like you guys had a great time and I heard that Coop did great! It is so nice to be able to get away like that. Fun pics, it looks beautiful!

Jen said...

I'm totally jealous. How did you pull off a vacation like that? Did you find super cheap flights or something?

Melissa Nelson said...

It looks so pretty. Wow...8 miles!!! I don't know if I would have made it. It looks like there was a lot to see and do there. I'm glad you had fun and got a little bit of a break. We missed you and are glad you're back!

The Bucks said...

I am so jealous! However, I'm glad that I haven't had to wear a swim suit this year. That pineapple looks so good. I think it's weird how it grows, too. It should grow on trees or something.

THE RAYMONDS said...

So fun Ash, I am glad you had such a good time. Can't wait for part two!

Natelli Johnston said...

Fun! that is so beautiful. someday I will go on a vacation.

carlyl said...

Great pictures. Looks like you two had a blast. I am so glad you got to go.

Mick and Tiff said...

I think I am going back tomorrow. Are you in? Those pics are great! We still need to get together to exchange pics but we are getting our sod tomorrow so I guess we will see how that goes. I LOVED OUR TRIP!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey! We're headed there in November. Maybe you can email me more about your trip like how we get to some of the beaches and hikes you went to??? shaliserigby@gmail.com
You just made me really excited for our trip! Hope Cooper did ok without you. It's so hard to leave them! Glad you had fun though.

Brandon and Lesli said...

Ash - those pictures made me so jealous! It looks like you had such a fun time! I'm glad you made it through the waterfall hike - I bet coming down was kind of treacherous in the rain! I'm awaiting "part 2"

Melissa allred said...

I love all the pictures!! I am so glad you posted all of them! It was fun to see where you went! I cant believe you hiked 8 miles!!! ouch! Well at least it was gorgeous!!! Glad you had a great time!

Mindy said...

Looks like so much fun. Glad everything went well, and you survived a week without Cooper!