Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Silver Lake

This past Saturday Brad and I headed to Silver Lake up American Fork Canyon. He'd heard about it and we wanted to go see it. I didn't think it was the prettiest mountain lake I'd ever seen, but the views were really great on the drive up. Brad was getting sick of me because I kept telling him to stay away from the edge. The dirt road that led up to the lake seriously had some major drop-offs. I always freak out and feel like the car is going to drive right off. I know...I'm paranoid. Anyway, afterward we had a picnic and fire at one of the picnic sites. We had such a good time together.

Coop and Brad throwing rocks in the lake






Time to go! Coop was NOT happy. What is it about throwing rocks into water?




Last but not least, here's a random pic of Coop being "cool". He put on Brad's hat and decided to flex his muscles.

10 comments:

Beehive State Builders said...

I am glad that I am not the only one that holds on for dear life as we drive up steep canyon roads! I drive Matt insane! He has threatened to purposely drive off the edge if I didn't relax! What a fun day! We have some fun pictures at Silver Lake from last year. Let us know next time you go, we should get a few families together and do a hike!

Laura said...

I thought bear Lake was much prettier but it was a lot of nice views. I love the cool picture. That is so cute!

The Bucks said...

I know what you mean about boys, rocks, and water. I'm up for anything that will hold their attention for more that 2 minutes. If I were you I would have been closing my eyes on the scary road. I'm not afraid of heights, just falling off them. That lake looks really pretty.

Michelle H. said...

Ash the song that I kept singing while you were here is This Womans Work by Kate Bush. I know that I still owe you $5. I cannot wait to see you all next month especially my little muscle man Cooper!!

Brad & Janette Bowen said...

Looks like you had a good time. I miss running with you! It is SOOOOO much harder to go alone. So let me know when you are ready to go again!

Brad & Janette Bowen said...

Hey, Looks like you had a fun time. I miss running with you! It is SOOOO much harder to go alone, so let me know when you are up for going again!

Brad & Janette Bowen said...

Hey, looks like you had fun. Call me when you are ready to run again, it is sooooo hard to go alone and I miss the chats!

Brad & Janette Bowen said...

l

Melissa Nelson said...

Looks like a fun day together. We've never been to Silver Lake, we'll have to check it out sometime. I LOVE the picture of Coop flexing his muscles. He's such a cute little guy!

Jon and Melissa said...

Hey Ashley, my sister rented it from one of her neighbors in Nibley. They got it for $100 (totally worth it!) but I know that the neighbor normally rents it for $200. It was a lot of fun-your family should rent it! If you need the actual name and number let me know.