Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back From Ohio

I had such a great time in Ohio. Of course the best part was getting to meet my cute nephew Carson and spend time with my cute sister Michelle. Get ready for the play by play!



I got into Columbus on Tuesday and took a long nap after saying hi. I had to get up at 3:30 am that morning to make my flight and I was sooo tired. Oh, and it was the first time I'd even flown by myself. Crazy huh! I just have to say I prefer sitting by someone that doesn't talk to me the whole flight!! Anyway, that night we had a great dinner. Michelle had got a Tempura mix from World Market and we had some great Tempura vegetables, shrimp and we even threw some string cheese in the mix. We were sad we didn't have any pickles. If any of you have ever had fried pickles you know what I'm talking about!! Yes, we are not healthy but boy was it yummy!!

Wednesday we headed to the outlet mall. We did get a late start though. It's not my fault that I slept in until 11:00...okay it is, but I just enjoyed the freedom!! I couldn't resist. We watched Penelope that night and for those of you ladies that haven't seen it, it is definately worth watching. Cute show!! By the way, Carson is such an angel baby!! We drove over an hour to get to the malls, shopped for about four hours then drove home and he only made a few little peeps!! I keep telling myself that's how my next child will be.

Thursday we hung around during the day taking pictures of Carson. Michelle asked me to take some but I can't post any until she does..Still waiting Michelle! That night I finally got to see my good friend Chelsey whose husband is in law school at Ohio State. We watched The Bucket List and caught up.

Friday we headed to one of the many malls my sister is lucky enought to live by. We then headed to Panera which is a sandwich/bakery chain out in Ohio. Yummy!! Then to top it off that night I got to meet up with Chelsey again, and I also got to see another friend from high school named Chelsea also. Michelle and I headed with the Chelsey's to a restaurant Michelle has been talking about forever!! Akai Hana. It's a Japanese restaurant that had great sushi! We then headed to The Dark Night which is a great movie, but pretty dark.

Saturday we decided to drive up to Amish country. It was so gorgeous up there. We headed to a store called Heini's where they have a huge selection of locally made things. Mostly cheese. The only problem is that right when we pulled up so did TWO tour buses full of older people. Crowded!! For dinner we went to Der Dutchman. It was really good. It's a "homestyle" restaurant that had some great food. The picture is right outside the restaurant. Once again, Carson was a little angel throughout the day.



Sunday we had church, came home and slept again... Then we had some friends over for dinner and relaxed that night.

Monday Michelle took me to a mall that had H&M!! Thank you!! Definately one of my most favorite stores. I could have done all my shopping there. We then headed to the airport because it was time to say goodbye and go home. So, after our goodbye's I flew home. Just kidding!! When I got to the airpot they basically told me my flight was so delayed it was basically cancelled. That's okay because they put me on a direct flight for the next day. Yeah! One more night with Michelle!! It was well spent. We headed to The Cheesecake Factory with Eddie (Michelle's husband). Then we watched 21. I did finally make it home on Tuesday.

Michelle, thanks for such a great time!! All the movies and the good food and fun places. Carson is such a cutie. I miss you guys already and can't wait to see you in September. I love you!!



If you didn't make it through this post I understand!! I wrote everything out so I would be able to remember my fun vacation!

8 comments:

Jen said...

How fun to spend time like that with your sister! You guys look so cute.

Brandon and Lesli said...

Ash - it sounds like you had so much fun! I'm jealous that you got to see both Chelsea's and of your perfect nephew - lucky Michelle!

Court and Brade said...

cute ashley buttars rich! how are ya girl?? I am SO glad you found our blog!!! yay! I know, we haven't chatted for SO long!!!! wow. Coop is such a big boy, he is adorable! things are good. we have been gone for the summer doing sales, lived in Nebraska... Brady is in cleveland for the next 3 weeks and I came home last weekend. ya, everything is SO SO SO GREAT! Life is good! I'm doing home care and hospice for Access.. and guess what, RETAKING my boards in a few weeks! Ahhh I didnt pass and have been doing the Kaplan course. boo... i was so MAD! Anyway things are great though... Whats new with you guys? ?? you make it up this way often? .. So fun that your little sis had a baby!!! yay :) whoa, that was long! ha

Unknown said...

Yah I read it all and it sounds so fun and relaxing! I am jealous! I am so glad you had so much fun with your sister. I cant wait until my siblings are to the point where we are. I have never been to H&M but have heard great things. We went to Panera while in Florida. I loved it! Wish there was one here!

The Bucks said...

So I'm guessing that Cooper didn't go with you because of all the fun and freedom that you had. I'm jealous that you got to go to Amish country. I would have spent a lot of money there, I'm a little bit country. Her little baby is so cute!

Georgana Hall said...

So, I wanna know - did holding your cute little nephew make you baby hungry????

Melissa Nelson said...

I'm glad you had a great week with your little sister. Sounds like there is some awesome shopping in Ohio. Isn't it amazing the freedom you have without a little one glued to your side? I bet you were pretty excited to see Cooper after your week of freedom.

Mick and Tiff said...

Oh, what a fun trip!! Carson is a cute little guy and he sounds like he is such a good baby. That is so nice!! I am glad you got to see so many fun shows. Sorry about the crappy cancelled flight but so fun that you were able to stay an extra day. Can't wait to see ya this weekend.