Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fourth of July Weekend

We headed up to Logan this year to spend the fourth with my family. Growing up I always loved the Fourth of July. Lewiston (where I grew up) has their "big" celebration on this day so there was always a lot to do but before we get to that...Friday night we headed up to the stadium in Logan to watch the show. Can I just say for all the Logan-ites...it's not worth paying the six dollars to get in the stadium. Find a nice grassy area close by and watch them. With that said, we did have a great time once the fireworks finally started. On the way home we got stuck in the parking lot. By stuck I mean thirty minutes sitting. Finally, they opened more exits and we made it out but while we were waiting Brad rolled down his window and Coop piped up, "I want a happy meal and a hot and spicy McChicken." I promise we don't go to McDonalds that much even though that is exactly what I always order....haha






Doesn't Brad look super happy!! haha



The next day was our big day. Especially for me. I decided to run the 5K race in Lewiston on the 4th with my sis, mom and dad. I wasn't too nervous for it this year because I'd been running, but I haven't run a 5K since before I got married. I know this doesn't seem that far, but anyone that knows me know that I DESPISE running. This year it wasn't too bad. I actually almost beat my sis who just ran a half marathon but she snuck up on me in the church parking lot (the end of the race) and ran right past me at the finish line...sneaky Michelle....

We rushed home after the race to shower and get ready for the parade. My cousin Daniel has a house right on the route so we were lucky to have a great spot. Coop liked it for about the first five minutes then he got bored...


After that we headed over to the city park for some food and fun. My uncle Brad was taking all the kids on the blow up toys and decided to put Coop up on one of those big slides. Well, Coop got to the top and WOULD NOT come down. He just kept jumping over and over. Everyone was yelling for him to come down but he wouldn't. I think the slide scared him too bad. Finally, a boy my parents knew grabbed him and pulled him down. The look on his face was priceless. I've never seen him so scared. Well, Brad decided to let him go again and SAME story. Wouldn't come down. A couple times he faked us out but then he got up and started jumping again. Finally, after a TON of yelling he went back over to the ladder and climbed down backwards instead of going down the slide...hmmmm



Alex and Coop decided it would be great fun to swim in the pool naked. It was hilarious. Brad also decided it would be a good idea to let Coop pee out on the lawn. Maybe that's why I found him on Monday squatting in our backyard with his shorts and diaper off, doing more then peeing....FUN!


Finally, the fireworks that night. So fun!! Coop also liked these for about two mintues but we had a great time. Ryker was an AWESOME baby once again and just started at the fireworks. We headed home and had some fireworks at my parents which was great. They got the good Wyoming ones and you don't have to be too nervous in Lewiston. The fireworks got over at twelve and then crazy us headed home. I finally got in bed at three am. It was definately a LONG day, but I loved every minute of it!!




Ryk at the fireworks. I know the pic is blurry, but this is the face he pulls a ton lately. Love the tongue!

No comments: