Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Arizona

Two weeks ago we went to see Brad's parents in Arizona. They stay in Chandler (right outside of Phoenix) for about a month each February. It was so much fun to get away and have the best tour guides. It's always fun to go somewhere and stay with someone that knows the area.

Brad and I flew out on Wednesday and we headed straight to Tia Rosa and had a great Mexican lunch. We then drove around looked at some houses. That night we got in some shopping which is always a highlight for me. :) Afterwards we played games and for some reason Carol and I were beat almost every night. Something sneaky must have been going on with the other team....

The awesome pool. It was a little chilly for me to swim but Brad got in a couple times.


Thursday morning we got up and played Bill & Carol in doubles tennis. We got beat and yes they are in their sixties. :) In my defense I've never really played tennis before and they are tough competitors. Afterwards we went to the Phoenix Open and watched golf. It might sound boring but it's actually pretty fun to go watch a golf tournament. You get so close to the golfers and its fun to walk around to each hole and watch. Phil Mickelson is really the only one I recognized so we followed him around quite a bit. That night we ate at a place called Nando's. It was another yummy Mexican food place. I love eating out at new places!

The tennis pros:


The hot tub which had bubbles in it everyday:


Friday we started the day off with some more tennis. This time we pulled off the win. I was proud of myself! I'm slowly getting better...but Brad was the one that helped us pull of the win. The boys went golfing and Carol and I went shopping. She was so nice to put up with all my shopping! That's such a vacation for me to shop when I have no kids!!

Saturday we decided to go to the temple in Mesa. I love going through temple sessions at different temples. This one has been around since the 1920s so it's pretty old. It was still beautiful and the grounds were gorgeous. It made me want spring here because the flowers were beautiful. After that we headed to the Flea Market and saw some interesting people and things. Isn't that the best part of flea markets?? That night Brad and I went to his mission friends reception which just happened to be when we were down there. It was fun catching up with them.

The park right by their condo:


Sunday we were sad to head home. We couldn't have stayed longer anyways because Bill and Carol were heading back that day also. I told them we'll have to make this a yearly tradition because we had such a great time. Thanks again Bill & Carol!!

Also, big thanks to my mom and sis for watching the kids while we were gone!

2 comments:

The Bucks said...

How fun! We are headed down there next week, but we are driving with two children, we're nuts!

Brandon and Lesli said...

What a fun trip! I'm jealous you guys got to go be in the sun. Love the picture of cute little Ryker below:)