Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bear Lake

We spent July 24th in Bear Lake with family. I'm normally not one to get cold...but I was wrapped up in towels the whole time we were at the lake. It wasn't really freezing, but it was windy. While we were at the lake we got in trouble for parking too close to the water so we had to move our cars. It was supposed to be a $350 ticket but he let us off, and he let us know it. Well, we were far away and we had a ton of stuff to haul home so Bill (father-in-law) decided that we would pack everything up in a pile and someone would hurry and drive up, throw it in the car and then leave. Well, I left to take some of the kids back up to the cabin and I heard what happened when Brad called. This is how the conversation went:
Brad: "Where are you?"
Me: "Back up at the cabin, why?"
Brad: "Well, dad got the car stuck in the sand picking up the stuff."
Me: Thinking in my head how I don't want to but saying, "Do you need me to come down?"
Brad: "No, we'll figure it out."
All I could think of was that ranger that told us how he let us off by not giving us a ticket. I was sure he was pulling up right then to the car, once again too close to the water. Turns out another ranger came and told them that the car better be moved before he gets back. A man parked next to us on the beach kindly pulled the car out and they were on their way. I figured we got pretty lucky that day!

Carol pushing the kids on the swings.



This is what we call Ryker's stink face. He pulls it all the time. :)




No comments: