Sunday, September 19, 2010

Diamond Mountain

In July we headed up to Diamond Mountain for my Grandpa Jude's 80th birthday party. We had a great time up at the cabin...but I might stay in Vernal from now on. :)
We arrived LATE Friday night and found that we weren't alone. A guy and his daughter that were working up there were staying there also, AWKWARD. Right when we finally go inside Ryker pukes all over. FUN!! After getting him cleaned up I headed outside to get the luggage. Well, I grabbed one load and brough it in then came back out and realized how much easier it would be if I backed the car in. I got the car in reverse and revved the engine because we were in gravel and it wasn't moving that great. Well, as I was going I look and see my dad yelling at me to stop. I had run over his bag that was set behind the car. GREAT! Luckily nothing was ruined and a book that also took the brunt of my backing skills was still readable. No problem. We got the kids in bed and my mom went around looking for her suitcase. We couldn't find it anywhere. Wait a second...I walked over to my car and looked underneath and sure enough there is was! After tugging and pulling my dad finally got is dislodged from underneath my car and this time the suitcase was ruined, a few of my moms shirts were shredded and some jewelry was done for. NOT SO GREAT! Oops...Sorry mom!
Well, after this whole fiasco we were just looking at each other and laughing because we finally felt like we were over with the worst of it. We're almost in bed when we hear YELP YELP. And then more and more by the second. Well, my cousin has hound dogs--seriously about thirty I swear, in cages by the side of the cabin. What we were hearing was little hounds puppies that had gotten loose and were not yelping for us outside the cabin and they are NOT quiet. We figured the only thing we could do was go outside, grab the dogs, throw them in the back of my dads truck, drive them to the cages and get them inside. After a little while--mission accomplished!! Yeah! Finally we were able to get to bed!
The next day our fam drove to the fish hatchery before the party and the kids thought it was great. They loved seeing all the baby fish. That night was the party for my grandpa and it was quite the affair. My dad cooked up some dutch oven and we had a feast. We topped the night off playing the annual cousins soccer game and some card games. It was so fun to be together with all my family from Vernal. We don't see them a ton, but when we do we have a great time. Thanks guys!












No comments: