Sunday, January 9, 2011

Goodbye

We said goodbye to Saratoga Springs and moved to Farmington on Tuesday the 28th of December. I do not recommend trying to move in December right around Christmas but that is just what worked out for us. My emotions were all over the place in December. We knew we were moving and I was excited but I was so apprehensive and nervous to do it in the same sense. There is something so comforting when you have been somewhere long enough you know who lives in each and every house in your neighborhood. It took me quite a while to meet friends and neighbors when we first moved to Saratoga but once we did, we knew we were in the right place. We made so many wonderful friends while we were there. Friends I know I won't be able to ever replace but for some reason we knew we weren't supposed to stay there forever and now was the time. I was so sad to leave my cute house. This was the first house we owned, the house I brought both my babies home to. The house where Brad finished the basement and shot a nail through his fingers. It's like a house becomes just another part of the family and I had to say goodbye to it too.



We started looking for houses around September. We looked at this house in Farmington and thought it was nice, but we just started the hunt and wanted to keep looking. Well, for some reason we decided to go back and look again a few weeks later and we decided that this was it. It wasn't our perfect house, but there were so many things we really liked about it. There were so many times along the way I thought it wasn't going to work out. Then there were the times when I saw the Lord's hand in our decision. Right when we decided to move Brad's work area opened up to basically all of Utah, he wasn't just in charge of South Salt Lake and Utah County anymore. He also got a raise which was a happy surprise. We asked WAY below the listing price and got pretty close to what we offered. We listed our house for rent, and had a family we felt good about rent it in two days. All the while I had been praying and knew it was the right decision. There were times when I wondered if this was right. Mainly when I received a new calling a couple weeks before moving that really had me questioning myself and the move. Once again I was reassured that this is the Lord's path for us.
I was sad to have to move Coop. He is at the age where he has some great friends he plays with, but now we are surrounded by boys his age in our new ward. I'm sure he'll make friends fast. We've met quite a few people already. I'm already planning on heading to book club with some gals from the ward and everyone has been so nice and welcoming. I decided I really enjoy starting over in a way because I get to meet all these new people and learn about their life. It's almost like each ward is it's own little community and has it's own personality and I get to figure that out and become part of it. I'm still at the stage where I wonder if I'll ever make good friends here, but I can see a start. Luckily we already had some great friends living in Farmington and close by that has helped make the transition easier.
This post has probably seemed like a jumble of thoughts but I did want to write some of them down. I want my Saratoga friends (if anyone even reads this :)..) to know that they were a huge influence in my life the past (almost) five years. I grew so much as a person because of the influence of people there. It seems like this is a farewell, but really I plan on staying in touch with all of you!! Thanks for being a part of my last five years!!

7 comments:

Jennie Kunz said...

I can't keep up with you guys! Moving is exciting and sad all at the same time. Love ya!

Brad & Janette Bowen said...

Of course I will ALWAYS read your blog!! We miss you! I know you will make friends because you are so AWESOME!!!! The ward would be crazy not to jump all over this cute new family:)(Figuratively) Love you guys!!

Stacy said...

I still blog stalk you :) and I am sad to see you go. You and your cute little family will be missed!

melissa said...

I was so sad when I saw your FB comment about needing boxes! You will truly be missed here. I was thinking about you especially after the ward choir program that one sacrament meeting, and I was thinking of what a loss our ward will experience when you're gone. You have such a wonderful talent with the piano - you make it seem so effortless and so elegant when you play. Music has a way of speaking to our souls in a way words can't, and you were definitely the conduit that helped so many people feel the Spirit through your music. Thank you for that!! Good luck with your new adventure in your new place!

Ashley said...

I am missing my RICH friends! I really want to set up a date when we can come see you in the afternoon. I am so happy you like the new place, ward, house, friends. I miss you but understand the feelings. Hope to see you guys soon!-Ashley

Tina said...

We will miss you Ashley! You are such a doll and I know you will meet great friends up there. Let us know if you ever need anything with your house down here.

DR and Brynna said...

I feel sad for you. All those memories....... Do you remember when DR and I came to stay with you? We weren't married yet and the little rascall snuck into my room after you guys went to bed. You probably knew about that huh? It was against my will I promise. Hehe!!