Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Flordia...Again!

Brad had a convention in Orlando the second week in May and I decided to fly out and join him for a few days. It was a relaxing few days for us because we were able to leave the kids home (Thanks Rob & Aki!). I flew out and Brad picked me up and we headed to the hotel. Brad had a few hours he had to be at the convention and so I sat in my hotel room and read. It was HEAVEN. :) Wednesday we decided to go to Epcot. Brad hadn't been there for a long time and lets just say we won't be going back for a while. We had a good time but Brad felt like Epcot needs some serious updating. I kind of agree. It was fun to just hang out and enjoy some of the rides together. The next day when Brad was finished with work we went on an airboat tour. I didn't know what to expect but we had a really fun time. We saw some huge snails, beautiful birds, a few alligators and their nests, and some water snakes. It was relaxing to just sit on the boat and ride. After the air boat tour we decided we didn't quite get our gator fix so we headed to Gatorland. Oh yeah. It was pretty interesting. We saw a TON of alligators, even some Albino ones, birds, and even a water moccasin. They have a little nature walk and we looked over and a huge snake was coiled up hissing at us right next to the trail. Yup freaked me out a little bit. So glad we got out of there quick. Our hotel was really neat in Orlando. Brad and I kept saying how much our kids would have loved coming here and swimming. Friday we left Orlando and headed to Ft. Lauderdale for one night. It was fun to go there, but I don't think we will be heading back there really soon. Saturday before our plane left, we went on a boat tour of some of the GIGANTIC houses of famous people that live right on the channel. The thing that stuck with me the most was Steven Spielbergs $150 MILLION dollar yacht. CRAZY! People seriously have that kind of money?? Pretty crazy. And yes, I held a baby alligator and Brad wouldn't because he was scared. Just had to put that in there. :) The man said it was his three-year-old daughters pet but it still makes me feel tough.

No comments: