Sunday, June 22, 2014

Farmington Canyon


We decided to drive to the top of the canyon a while back. I don't know about you, but if you've ever been up Farmington canyon it really freaks me out. Most of the way up, the road on one side is a cliff straight down to the bottom. I don't know why I'm always so nervous, but I am. I spend the first half of the ride clutching the arm rest trying not to look out my window. Once you are about half way up it's not as bad. We went up by the weather station and the view was amazing. On one side you have Davis county and the Great Salt Lake and then you can see into Morgan on the other side. The boys loved finding all these cool rocks and stuffing them in their pockets. We drove a little bit farther up towards Bountiful and stopped at a picnic area for lunch. After lunch, we decided to head home. The drive down wasn't that bad because we were on the good side of the road, but I don't know if I will ever get over my fear whenever we drive up here.

No comments: