Sunday, February 10, 2008

Booo

Okay, so I don't know how many of you know this...but I love TV. This all started right when I got DVR (TIVO). I absolutely LOVE DVR. It is the most amazing invention. Well, Brad decided that he wanted HD in December. The only way we were going to get this was to cancel with Dish Network and re sign-up again to get a better deal. Well, I'm STILL waiting to sign up. It has been alright since we have free cable with our HOA. I have resorted to recording things on my VCR...(I feel so old-fashioned).
One of the show's Brad and I LOVE is Friday Night Lights. Well, Friday night rolled around and I was so excited to watch the last new episode this year...possibly the last show ever. We went to turn on the TV at 7:55 and lo and behold NO TV!! No signal, nothing. Come to found out a snowplow ran into something in our area which knocked out everyone's TV. Let's just say that I've been VERY bored. They are not in a hurry to fix it apparently which means no Grammy's for me tonight. I told Brad that I'm calling Dish Network tomorrow no exceptions!
Also, I know it sounds like I'm an extreme couch potato, which I may be, but I also like to think I'm a little educated. I actually read quite a bit. Let me know some good books you've read lately. Also, if anyone else is on goodreads.com let me know! Who knows how long I'll be without TV!

6 comments:

Melissa allred said...

That stinks! I hate that! Try having someone live with you and they constantly turn your tivo off!! So they can watch their show! annoying! I know your pain!

The Bucks said...

That sucks about your TV. I don't know what I would do. I just joined goodreads. I never know what books to pick, and I think this will help. Now all I have to do is pay my fines at the library!

Mick and Tiff said...

That really does suck about the t.v. Did you get anything fixed today? Come visit and we can watch t.v. allday and be BIG couch potatoes!!! haha! Addy does have the cold and cough but it is really allright. Cooper and Kolman can give her colds whenever they want!!!

Katie said...

Trust me, it is the same way at our house since we got DVR. We couldn't possibly live without it. Shane's 20+ hours of sports watching has been cut in half at least, and now I actually get to watch some of my shows on the HD big screen. Well, if you ever need somewhere to watch your favorite show again, call and come on over!

Shea said...

Yeah, we have cable through Saratoga Springs, so we didn't have TV for 3 days--pretty lame. Curious how you know Melissa Allred. I've only met her a couple times, but her dad Gary works with my dad and has for 4 years or so. I know him pretty well. Small world

Calder Family said...

Wish you lived closer, so you could just come to my house Ash. Sounds like you will have to watch some online for now!