Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July!

This year we headed to Bear Lake to spend the 4th with the Richs. They had a great time! I say they and not we because I was sick all weekend long. Lucky me! I started feeling crummy before we left, but I just thought I ate something. Well, compounded by the fact that Brad wanted to take his old car to save on gas mileage...which meant that we had NO A/C...(we found out on the trip). That didn't help matters. Which led to Cooper also throwing up in the car. Which in itself is something I hope I only have to deal with a couple times in my life. Yes, quite the ride. But it was over when we got there right? NO! I stayed sick the whole weekend. Laying in bed and dead tired, attached to the toilet, sick. That was me. My cute mom offered to drive down and get me today. I was very tempted but seeing she got back from Ohio yesterday, I decided to see how I feel tomorrow. It is hard to be sick and be a mom at the same time.
Anyway, back to Bear Lake.
We did some boating, some barbecuing, some tennis, some games and had some great food. Bear Lake with the Richs is always a fun time and we are going back in two weeks. Hopefully by then, I won't be feeling so crummy and can actually crawl out of bed.

Playing with Zach and Hayden on the beach.





The only time I got out the whole weekend and the only pic of me.



Coop went on his first tube ride. He did great even with the squished face!



Hayden and Brad on the tube



Saturday Coop wouldn't take his nap. Well, later that afternoon he was in the hammock with cousin Ben swinging away and fell asleep. It was the cutest thing!


7 comments:

Beehive State Builders said...

SO sorry you're sick, that's no fun! Hope you feel better! We'll be in Bear Lake in 2 weeks too! Where do you stay?

Beehive State Builders said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jon and Melissa said...

Beautiful! Too bad that you were so sick. I love to play at the beach with the kids-they just get so dirty and tired! I love the picture of Cooper sleeping. Adorable.

Mick and Tiff said...

I am sorry you got sick. That is so not fun!!! Brad and Cooper on the tube looks so cute. That jacket is so funny on little Coop. They always look so squished in those things. Hopefully in two weeks you will have a better trip.
We did end up going to Jackson and it was awesome!!! Are we doing girls night out this weekend?

Beehive State Builders said...

Matt's family has a cabin on the Garden City side, pretty close to LaBeau's and Hometown. That's about the best directions I can give. :) We should meet up if that's close to your cabin! I'll get better directions from Matt, we go every year and I still can't remember how to get there. :)

Melissa Nelson said...

You guys are always going fun places! I'm sorry you were sick, it sounds like it was miserable for you. I had to laugh that Brad wanted to take the Mercedes to save on gas! Sounds like a Jeff idea. I'm glad you get to go back in a few weeks so you can actually enjoy yourself! Love the pic of Coop in the hammock!

Katy said...

I feel so bad for you! That is the worst time to be sick...when all the family is playing. Hope you are better now. I loved the video below of Cooper! So funny. The best part was hearing your laugh though! He's a cutie!