Monday, July 21, 2008

The Rich Reunion

Okay, so not an "official" reunion, but that's what it felt like. The fun started last Tuesday when Brad's brother Mike and his family flew in from New Jersey, and his sister Julie and her family drove up from St. George. We all met in Draper at Brad's sister Lori's house for some fun. Aunt Diane brought some fun stuff to make these cute little hats and they had a "parade" on the tennis court. Coop wouldn't wear his hat, but he sure loved the parade. Notice all the BOYS!





Thursday we all headed to Lagoon. I was a little nervous to take Coop but he did okay. We bought a monkey backpack with a tail you could hold onto (okay, a leash) and that helped out a little. He is just a busy busy boy that wants to go anywhere by himself. He LOVED the rides, but HATED waiting in line. His favorite part was the fountain at the end. We were smart enough to bring an extra set of clothes because we sure needed them.

With cousins Jaxon and Zach



Loving the swings



He looks so small in these cars



He LOVED the bug ride. It was a little scary to see him so high





Posing for Aunt Julie



Hanging out after Laguna Beach



The favorite ride-not a ride at all!





Finally Friday we headed out to Bear Lake. We made a quick detour to Park City for a few hours to hang out with my parents. We had some pizza and my parents and I rode the zipline down. It was really fun. Brad decided to try out the new coaster ride. He really liked it. That's something I'll have to do next time.

Bear Lake was fun. We played games, ate great food and played in the water. Coop loved the water and the sand, but most of all his cousins!!

With Addy (Julie's daughter) and Ella (Kelli's daughter)






Coop didn't quite know what to think of Logan getting buried by Ben and the other boys



That concludes a busy week and it doesn't get any less busy. Sunday we headed to Lewiston to drop Coop off. My awesome parents are watching him for a week while I go out to visit Michelle, Eddie and Carson in Ohio. My poor mom was already up from one until three in the morning with a screaming child yelling "mama" and "dada". Hopefully it gets easier for them in the coming days. Love you mom and dad! Adios!

6 comments:

Melissa Nelson said...

I am so jealous of all your fun excursions this summer! Coop looks like he's enjoying every minute of it! Have fun in Ohio, and I'll see you when we get back from Bass Lake. I think our one excursion is going to be as much as we can handle!!!

Jon and Melissa said...

Wow how fun! So weirdest thing, I swear I posted a comment on your last post, but it is not there, so I must have posted it on someone elses blog! How embarrassing! Anyway I had a question for you. Did Brad go on a mission to Russia by chance? My neighbor saw a picture of him and thought she knew him from there. Anyway, just curious. Have fun in Ohio!

Unknown said...

You guys are always doing so much fun stuff. I cant believe how daring cooper is. My kids are such chickens. We had 8 days in Disney World and they hardly did any rides! They loved the shows and parades but even Elli cried on almost all the rides we MADE her go on. Dang crazy kids! Oh, well!
Have fun with your sister and hopefully we will see you soon!

Jon and Melissa said...

Ashley my friend's name is Masha and she is from Russia. She has been here about 12 years and when they went back to visit her family that still lives there, I guess Brad was a missionary. Anyway missionaries mean a lot to people over there. I don't know if they met or not I will have to ask her. Her blog is on my list, and there is a picture of her Mom that Brad might know. Anyway it is a very small world. Jon went to Russia too, we should have a Russian party sometime.

Brandon and Lesli said...

Cute pics - I've been seriously contemplating the baby leash! It looks like he doesn't mind it very much! I hope you had fun seeing your new little nephew, and that you didn't miss Coop too much :)

Mick and Tiff said...

That baby pack looks cute. I also brought a lease to Lake Powell and it was a lifesaver. I hope you are having fun in Ohio and can't wait to see you when you get home.