Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sawyer's Blessing

We blessed Sawyer the first Sunday in December. It went so great. Brad did such a good job with the blessing and Sawyer slept the whole time. I always get nervous my kids will end up crying through the blessing. The most stressful part of the whole thing actually happened the night before. I was re-decorating our Christmas tree Brad had decorated because he had put all the ornaments on one side. Well, I got the tree done perfect, laid Sawyer on the floor and headed downstairs to help Brad clean up the basement. All of a sudden I heard a loud thump and Sawyer started screaming. I ran upstairs and saw Sawyer's little legs poking out from under our Christmas tree. I lifted it up and started yelling for Brad. He finally came upstairs and grabbed Sawyer. After brusing the pine needles off his face he quit crying and was perfectly fine. We were so lucky because we had a huge tree!! Once I realized he was fine I started laughing even though I was shaking still. I could finally see the humor in the situation. It took Brad quite a bit longer to see the humor. The tree had already fallen over once before and he'd re-decorated it and told me not to touch it. I just couldn't leave it looking lopsided though! :) After that we secured it to the wall and didn't have any more problems.
We had so many family members that came and supported Sawyer and our family on that day. It is so nice to be reminded how blessed we are!






No comments: