Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope that everyone gets stuffed full of great food today. Enjoy it! We are down in St. George at my sister-in-law Julie's house. I love Thanksgiving with the Richs! They have some of the best food! What is everyone else doing?
So, I was thinking about how much fun the holidays are and all the fun things that we do year after year. I want to find out other people's fun traditions! One that our family does, which was passed down to us from the Rich side, is PJs on Christmas Eve. On Christmas Eve they got to open PJs which they all put on and wore for Christmas. I think that is such a fun tradition to continue with our family. They also act out the nativity with all the nieces and nephews, which always ends up being such a treat.
Another tradition that was started on my side of the family is a children's book each Christmas. While we were growing up, my parents would give us each a children's book. They would also write the year inside so we would remember what year we got the book. I love looking back at them.
Well, hope the holiday's are treating you as wonderful as they are treating our family!

3 comments:

Trisha said...

We do, or are starting this year, the pj's for Christmas:) I still need to find some for Zach...
I need to start a few more I think.

carlyl said...

So I didn't even know you had a blog. I am so excited that I am a blog stalker and found you.... Yeah. Happy Holidays.

Mick and Tiff said...

I have been thinking hard about my traditions. I guess one thing that we always did growing up was my parents made sure we ate breakfast before we could go see our presents and not just cereal or anything, we had a BIG breakfast. I remember it would kill me because all I wanted was to get my presents. (She would also make sure we always had our hair done cute because she wanted the pictures cute... I know she is crazy!) We didn't start presents until like 9 or 9:30. Sorry this post is so long!