Wednesday, March 26, 2008

25 Cent Lemonade

So my neighbor kids have come around a couple times asking if I wanted to buy a cup of lemonade. Well, I haven't done it yet, and I always feel bad telling them no. I got home today and one of the girls in the neighborhood was knocking on my door. She came up and asked me if I wanted lemonade for 25 cents. I told her I would but asked her to bring it to me because I had my hands full. She came back with a cup of lemonade and I couldn't find a quarter so I just gave her a dollar. She tells me, "We ran out of paper cups so I only have this cup." She patiently waits for her cup until I am done drinking and then runs on to the hext neighbor....hmmmmmm....I totally think I got more then I bargained for in that cup of lemonade! Hopefully I was the first!

Update: They just came back about an hour later to sell me a muffin from their house....uh oh.

10 comments:

The Bucks said...

Hopefully you were the first one to use that cup! I've done a few stitching projects, but not recently. I like doing it, but I don't even know if I remember how. My sister made the one in Xander's room. I'll ask her about the pattern.

Brandon and Lesli said...

Ash - that's so funny! He he - next time you'll have to tell them you like to drink in private....

Mick and Tiff said...

Oh my gosh Ashley! That is too funny! Mick says that you guys were able to change your flight and now you will be there earlier with us. Yay!
What are you guys doing on Saturday. We are heading to Lehi for a wedding reception. Maybe we will stop by after if you are going to be home!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! Thanks for the heads up! Now I will be expecting a knock on my door. Now that you gave them a dollar, they will never leave you alone!

carlyl said...

Oh my gosh. I am laughing so hard right now. That is great. I wonder if the mom had any idea...

Laura said...

That is hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing. I love it. Next time tell them to get you cup that is going to be used by everyone in the neighborhood. When I get lemonade from anyone I usually don't drink it. That sounds rude but you just never know!

Melissa allred said...

hmmm...That is interesting! I would freak out! But I guess there is nothing you can do about it! Cross you fingers I guess. Cute stuffed animals Brad! Thats funny cooper did that!

Calder Family said...

Hopefully you have a good immune system Ash! Hope we'll see you soon!

rigbyspot said...

Ha ha! I'm laughing out loud. Thats pretty cute!
We're going private with our blog. Send me an email when you get a chance so I can invite you.
shaliserigby@gmail.com
till then!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.