Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Longest day of my Life!!

Black Friday here I come!! That is what I was thinking in the days leading up to that shopping day after Thanksgiving. Well, after a lot of convincing my mom and aunt finally agreed to jump on the bandwagon. Although I was set on going, I'll be the first to say that getting up at THREE in the morning wasn't very fun. Especially being pregnant. AND for some reason when I know I have to get up early, I never sleep. Anyway, Kohl's opened up at 4:00 and there was a feather bed and some sheets I wanted. Well, my mom the whole time was like, "We are going to be the only crazy ones there." SHE WAS WRONG. We were ten minutes late and the parking lot was FULL!! I didn't get my feather bed, but I got the sheets. By the time we were ready to leave, the line stretched around both sides of the store and met up in the back!! Three hour wait. Luckily someone tipped us off and told us we could buy stuff at the jewelry counter if we were purchasing jewelry or perfume. Hurray!! No wait for us. I headed out to get to the car and NO BATTERY!! Just to add to the fun of the morning. My mom accidentally left the lights on. Luckily a nice lady had just pulled up right in front of us and was willing to jump us. We headed over to Al's where I found just what I'd been wanting!! I can't post now, but will after Christmas :). Then on to Walmart...where we found more awesome stuff...Staples, Best Buy, the mall then back to Al's. I thought we'd be home by nine....nope eleven thirty. It was fun though. We totally loaded up my explorer and my aunt and to cram in the front seat with my mom!! It was a blast and we all said we'd do it again. Thanks for going guys!!




After our fun shopping day, you'd think I was going to go home and sleep. Nope. Time to go up to Idaho and find a Christmas tree. I've never done it before, but I always thought it sounded fun. It wasn't that hard of a hike and we found some great trees.




Nap time right? Wrong again. I figured since it was about 5:00 now anyway, no use in going to bed. Plus, my family wanted to head back into Preston and look at the lights. Of course they had to stop in at Pop N' Pins, the bowling alley made famous by Napoleon Dynamite. I don't think that place has changed in seriously thirty years. You still have to keep track of your own score on paper. My family had a great time while I sat there and watched. I was starting to feel the effects.






I made it through the day, pregnant and all!

5 comments:

Atkinsons said...

I can't believe how full your car is ha ha!! I don't know how you went all day like that prego..I would have passed out!

Mick and Tiff said...

Isn't black friday the greatest?!! I am glad you had fun. I think going alone would totally stink but going with people is what makes it a blast!
I agree you deserve lots of props for going out pregnant. I know I couldn't have done that!

Court and Brade said...

good girl for making it through the day!!! I would NOT have been able to do that being PREGNANT... I am tired even when I get 10 hours of sleep ha ha!!! We do the shopping thing on Black Friday every few years... people are CRAZY huh!!!

lindsay said...

you are crazy! I've never done the black friday thing...It's too scary for me. we do need to get together soon. how's the pregnancy going?

Melissa Nelson said...

I can't believe how long you were out shopping!!! Three stores was enough for me! I've always wanted to cut down my own tree. I LOVE the picture of Coop in the hat looking up. He is so stinkin' cute, I can't wait to see how cute your next little one is going to be. Hopefully he won't be 15 lbs!!!