Friday, May 1, 2009

Cute & Crazy...

Not a ton has gone on this past week...but I do have two stories worth remembering.

The Cute Story:
Walmart has opened!! I don't know if everyone out here is excited, but I sure am!! It is so nice to have all the conveniences of Walmart just a couple minutes away instead of twenty mintues through construction-ridden roads.
Anyway, Brad was just as excited as I was :) so we decided to take the kids and go have a look on opening night. We were walking around checking out the layout and found the pet aisle. All of a sudden Coop takes off running. We catch up to him and he is so excited. Then when he is about to burst he says, "Mom! Dad!! It's Dorothy! Dorothy is here!!" For those of you that watch Elmo's World you totally know what I'm talking about. Yup, we found the goldfish. So cute!!

The Crazy Story:
This morning I was talking to Brad while he was getting ready for work. He was walking (with crutches) when all of a sudden he tripped. He fell, catching himself with his hurt foot before falling on the floor. I just held my breath and he kneeled down on the floor and was laying on the bed saying it hurt. I kept asking him these questions and he didn't answer when all of a sudden he slumped to the side and and was just kind of sitting there. I hurried over and he was sitting there staring straight ahead and it clicked. He wasn't ignoring me, he was passed out! I started slapping his face and repeating his name but no response. It was the craziest thing because his eyes were opened and he was just staring straight ahead. Then he started jerking a little so I was trying to clear away the crutches behind him so I could lay him down. While I was doing this, all of a sudden he just sat up and asked me what was going on. I asked him if he was in a lot of pain, but he said it wasn't too bad. Who knows why he passed out then...I've seen people pass out before, but not this close up. Also, I thought it was so weird he had his eyes open. It was like he was comatose. Afterwards, I was pretty shaky for a while. He sat in bed for about an hour saying he felt woosy, but apparently is now doing fine. Hopefully this won't happen again!!

3 comments:

Brandon and Lesli said...

Ash - that's so scary about Brad! When I was with my Nephew a few weeks ago and he passed out, his eyes were open too - but they were rolled to the back of his head. Oh that is such an awful feeling! How much longer will he have to be on crutches?

Mick and Tiff said...

I love Cooper!! And I still can't believe that about Brad. Is he feeling good now? I am good for whatever this week. What day works best for you?

Georgana Hall said...

Oh my gosh Ash that would freak me out!