Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My cute Grandma Marva passed away a couple weeks ago. We headed straight up to Logan on the way home from Lake Powell to make sure we made it to the viewing Sunday. The funeral went really well and I am filled with joy knowing that my sweet grandma who spent the last 36 years of her life alone is now surrounded by friends and family. She faced many health problems and always maintained such a positive attitude. She would always have gum in her purse for her grandkids. We would run up to her after sacrament meeting and she would be ready for us. She also kept a candy bowl of Skittles in her kitchen. I don't think it's possible to eat a skittle without thinking of her. She was such a great example to me and I am so thankful to have such amazing grandparents who leave such a great legacy.

One of my favorite quotes from the funeral:

We can’t fully appreciate joyful reunions later without tearful separations now. The only way to take sorrow out of death is to take love out of life.

Russel M. Nelson






My sister wrote a great post and had more pics. If you would like to see them click here.

2 comments:

The Bucks said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My grandma will be 100 in a few weeks and has lived without her husband for 34 years. I can't imagine how hard that would be or how joyous that reunion would be!

Julie said...

Ash,

I am sorry to hear about your Grandma. I did not hear until I read your blog today. It is always hard to lose a Grandparent no matter what the situation.

Julie