Friday, June 26, 2009

Attack of the Birds...

Brad and I were really enjoying that we had some birds around our house this spring...that is until they decided to start waking us up EVERY morning at about four or five. Without fail they start "singing" that early and it's NOT quiet. Well, if that's not enough, they started squawking and almost dive-bombing us every time we are in the backyard. We were wondering what all the fuss was until we saw some sticks poking out of our rain gutters. Yes, these birds have decided our rain gutters are an excellent place for a nest. I grabbed the ladder and decided to take a peek. This is what I found:




Here are the culprits. They sit on this dead tree behind our house.




This one came close to attacking me when I was on the ladder checking out the nest.



Although I HATE getting woke up, the birds are actually really pretty. I guess I will just have to live with the dive-bombing and squawking because I can't bring myself to do anything to those cute little eggs.

3 comments:

The Bucks said...

If it were me, those eggs would have been gone long ago!

Tim and Stacey Cardon said...

Oh my! I have had bird trouble this year too! I almost ran over a dead hairless bird with the lawn mower, and then the whole stinkin nest fell out of the tree with another dead bird in it! We have killer squirrels in Idaho, and I really think they are killing the birds, so they can eat the eggs or something! Weird!

Kami said...

We have those type of birds on our yard too all the time. I also have given up on the potty training with Marissa. Good luck!