Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I've given in...


Wow. I'm one of "those moms". Yup. I'm quitting potty training. No more poopy underwear pants for me. Back to diapers. Coop did SO SO well for about a week. We were so excited. Then he decided it was too much work. So many people have told me that they'll be the ones to decide to be potty trained, but I thought this would work. It did...for a while. He got treats, presents, the whole works. Apparently that's not good enough motivation for him. I even resorted to threatening to put him in baby diapers. Today, when I had enough I told him I was going down to get a baby diaper to put on him with which he responded...."No, that's a big boy diaper." I told him it was a baby diaper thinking it would make him not want to wear it. He looked at me and said, "I want to wear diapers, lots of diapers." Great! Looks like I'm in for a long haul.....

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry! He sounds like a riot.

Jon and Melissa said...

Don't worry, we went through this too. One day it just clicks. You have to find that thing that triggers it, the problem is it is a mystery to figure out!

Janette said...

Wow, we had the exact same experience this week! Julia was the same way, and for the most part I have given up, will try again in a few weeks. Julia told me yesterday "I love my diapers!" and that pretty much explains it. If you figure something out that magically works, let me know!

Mick and Tiff said...

Sorry about that.. Isn't potty training great?? Diapers do have some advantages like not having to use the public restrooms at the grocery store or the really gross bathrooms I found at my nephews tee-ball game... GROSS!!! I was kind of missing the diapers at that moment.