Sunday, June 7, 2009

Potty Party!

So, I decided it was about time for me to get in gear and start potty training. I'm about as clueless as they come when it comes to this kind of stuff. Well, I read some books, asked friends for advise and jumped right in. Here are some highlights of our adventure on Friday:

Coop woke up to a "potty party". I had decorated our front room in a little beachy theme. We were going to potty train in style. :) He was given a doll to potty train. He named his doll Baby Booty...(Don't know where that came from) haha

During breakfast he looked up at me and said, "Mom, Baby Booty needs to eat my bottles." hahahah I about died laughing. I guess he's seen me nurse Ryker a few times :)

After he woke up from his nap I took him in to go potty and he looked at me all concerned and said, "Mom, I think my peepee is stuck in my weewee." TMI I know, but it was funny.

That night as part of his reward we told him we could go to Walmart and pick out some more fish to put in his fish tank. We headed in and there was this nice lady to help us. Well, they had a really cool looking puffer fish there that we decided to get along with some neon fish. When the lady went to get the puffer fish out, the motion of the water stirred up about three dead puffer fish. That should have been our first clue to stay away from this fish. That was the least of our worries. As we were about up to the register to get buy the fish I look in on them and was shocked to see half of one of the neon fish hanging out of the puffer fish!! He was seriously eating it whole! The other poor neon fish was just frantically swimming around in horror. Well, the puffer decided he was done with that neon fish and started attacking the other one! Poor fish!! I felt so helpless. I watched in horror as he started eating the other one. This happened in all of five minutes!! Well, I walked back to the fish and had someone else there to help me who thought it was the most hilarious thing ever. She said that puffer fish were aggressive. Oh, I guess I should have known.... Anyway, she said that any fish with a 3 on the end of the price were aggressive. Apparently the first lady had no idea. We walked out with some new neon fish and others that weren't supposed to be aggressive. Well, those neon fish must be at the bottom of the food chain because not even two hours later our goldfish had attacked and killed them also. Now we have a killer goldfish on our hands.

All in all, this potty training business is not fun. Coop does awesome, we've only had a few accidents but still!! How long am I going to have to take him to the potty every half hour??!! I guess this is the price every parent has to pay to get rid of nasty two year old diapers!!

4 comments:

Brad & Janette Bowen said...

Let me know what works because I havent even attempted to get Carson potty trained! The fish story is great, I am wondering if Cooper saw the eating of the neon fish?

Calder Family said...

Coop is hilarious! sounds like you are doing a great job! Keep it up, I will be calling you for advice!

Emily T. said...

Potty training is NOT fun, but soon he'll catch on and you'll wonder why you thought it was so complicated. Good Luck!

Brandon and Lesli said...

Oh Ash - that is hilarious! I am so not motivated to start this with Clara! She loves to sit on the potty though - just never does aything. Your story of your anniversary cracked me up - and yes you two look EXACTLY the same - that's a good thing. I stayed at the Holiday in and Pocatello last weekend (it's beautiful let me assure you) and I honestly started laughing when I first went into the bathroom and saw the mauve tub and the handbar - he he he:)