Monday, June 1, 2009

Five Whole Years!!

Wow! We celebrated our 5 Year Anniversary on Friday. Have we even changed a bit?? I can't believe five years have already gone by!




I was thinking about the past five years and everything that's happened and realized that I am right where I want to be and where I'm supposed to be. There are moments when our marrige seems like a fairy tale, but I have to say I'm thankful for my "realistic" marriage. Our weekend seemed to coincide with our "realistic" marriage.



Since Ryker is so little we couldn't really plan a major trip like we wanted so we have to postpone the trip until next year. We decided to celebrate anyway. My mother took Ryker and Coop for us..LOVE YOU MOM!! and we headed to the movies. Did we go see something romantic and cuddle the whole time? No. I let Brad choose the movie and we went and saw Terminator. Nice romantic one eh?? I didn't mind in the least because who doesn't want to look at Christian Bale?? haha I really liked the movie though. (Just a side note..if you live in Logan and want to head to the movie DON'T go to the new theater by the mall. It was dirty and gross!) Anyway, we headed to Cafe Sabor next. We had a little argument here because Brad wanted to share a meal to save money and I wanted my own..TYPICAL :). After our great meal we headed to Sherwood Hills to stay. Our room looked a TON like the one we stayed at our honeymoon night....at the HOLIDAY INN! All my friends are laughing right now because they know the story. Anyway, we got a good laugh about it too. That night while I was enjoying my sleep my phone charger just started beeping. I looked at the clock and realized we had NO POWER. Yup, the power went off at one in the morning and hadn't come back on when we left at 10. Oh well, nothing's perfect but it's these "real" moments that make my life what it is and I wouldn't change it!! :) We did have a great time together just the two of us!
On the way home around Salt Lake Brad looks at me and says to me hypothetically, "If I left my computer and cell phone at my parents would you turn around right now and get it??" I replied, "NO WAY!" We got a good laugh about it until......that night when Brad went to look for his work computer and realized he LEFT IT IN LOGAN!! hahahah How ironic?!! That is another indication of what five years marriage and two kids do to your brain. I am learning to laugh at these small little things that make life what it is! Happy Five Years Honey! I love you!!

8 comments:

Toph and Brittany said...

Congratulations! I love the picture where you guys are not smiling! You two look like you are really happy to be getting married! :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Shea said...

I remember when you posted about your 4 year--crazy how fast time has gone! Happy Anniversary to you--glad you guys got to get away.

Heather said...

Ha. Holiday Inn. I did start laughing as soon as read it. The Holiday Inn was meant to be Ash....

Happy Anniversary. Can't believe its been 5 years!

Brad & Janette Bowen said...

Happy Anniversary! It is funny because I almost got your same wedding dress! It is beautiful! We need to get together one of these days!

Mick and Tiff said...

Happy Anniversary guys!! We are glad you still like eachother! ;)

Mick and Tiff said...

P.S. Holiday Inn... BAH HAA HAA HAA!!

Tim and Stacey Cardon said...

Your anniversary sounded similar to mine! Isn't it funny, things rarely work out when you want them to, but it's true- at least you are together! You two are so cute, and have adorable kids!