Friday, January 18, 2013

First Day of School


The boys both started school the same day this year. It was the Wednesday right after Labor Day. Ryker was so excited to start preschool. He had the biggest grin on his face. He is going to preschool twice a week fairly close to our house. Cooper was pretty excited to start kindergarten as well. He thinks it is pretty neat that he can ride his bike to school. The first day I loaded the boys in the bike trailer and we took off. Coop found a few friends before school and we took a couple pictures before his class lined up to head inside. It's crazy how slow the days go by and then all of a sudden you realize your little boy is now in school! I wasn't one of those moms that cried but I did get reflective and think about the last five years of my life. The years do go by fast and it is scary to realize how much time kids spend with others at school. I guess all I can do is hope that I teach my little guys to make the right decisions and hopefully they are strong enough to stand on their own if they need to. Cooper is already at an age where I can tell that I'm not as amazing in his eyes as I used to be and that hurts a little but I guess it has to happen.

No comments: