Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sawyer's First Birthday


We were so excited to celebrate Sawyer's birthday. It had taken me a while to get things ready because I wasn't quite sure what to do for it. My mom had been wanting to get together for a Halloween party and we really didn't have a good time to get together so we decided to combine both. We sang and blew out candles and then it was time for the cake. Sawyer didn't really dig in. He would lick the frosting off his fingers but he wouldn't dig in. It was cute to watch him. After we had the cake, we opened the presents. Sawyer had a lot of help opening them. He got a lot of fun toys including a really cute rocking horse and a cool Lightning Macqueen car. After the presents, all the kids changed into their costumes. My parents rented a bounce house and had planned all sorts of games for the kids. They had so much fun playing. It was great for all of us to see the Halloween costumes because we usually don't see each other on Halloween. It was a very fun night for everyone! I still can't believe my baby is one. I guess I say that with each of my kids birthdays. Like I said in the previous post, the days are sometimes slow, but the years fly by. We were watching home videos with the kids last night and it made me realized that their cute little voices don't last for very long and they just keep getting older. It is fun to see my kids in different stages but there is something about the little ones. Even though some days are hard I'm going to tray harder to enjoy Sawyer throughout these years because now I do understand how fast it goes!

No comments: