Sunday, January 27, 2013

O Christmas Tree


Every year my family has a tradition of going up Strawberry Canyon in Idaho and finding a Christmas tree. We started this a few years back and have kept it up. Some years are definitely better then others. There are times when Brad is questioning why we do this, but he's always happy with our tree in the end. This year we went up the day before Thanksgiving. We left Sawyer with my sister-in-law Emily and headed up with my family. We stopped at our first stop because it looked promising but after hiking up in the mountains for a bit we decided to move on. We went up a little bit further up the canyon and stopped on the side of the road. We weren't sure about staying because you had to climb down a steep hill to get to the trees. Good thing we stayed because we all found trees that we were happy with. It was so pretty and silent while we were up there. We were the only ones making any noise and we didn't see anyone else up there. Eddie led the pack because he was determined to find the "prize" tree. I went up with my dad and Brad followed with my mom and the boys. We found a couple trees we thought were great and after quite a bit of thinking I finally picked the one we wanted. On our way out there was a huge, tall dead tree that Eddie kept trying to push over. The boys got it out of the ground but it was stuck at the top to another tree. After lifting it up and moving it back and forth they finally got it down. I have no idea why they wanted to do it. I guess it's a guy thing. :) Our family took back two trees. One for Mike & Emily and one for us. Ours ended up fitting almost perfectly in our house. Brad always swears that he isn't going to do it again, but every year the kids and I convince him. I can't wait for next year!

No comments: